Thursday, July 19, 2012

Four Bean n' Veggie Salad

So ya' know those days when you're in dire need of a healthy meal, but have neither the time, nor the desire to cook? That's when you break out your can opener and go nuts as if your local library is having their annual book sale. Oh, you don't like getting once-read books for a quarter? Well excuse me... you must be too rich for my blood!

Anyway, this recipe is super easy and takes about ten minutes to make. Sure, I took the easy way out and chose not to soak beans for eight hours and spend my precious free time plucking corn kernels from off the cob, but it was absolutely delicious anyway! In addition to being delicious, it LOOKS amazing, which is really all that matters, right? Go ahead and sue me for being superficial. Seriously, though, this dish is packed with fiber, protein, and whatever nutrients are found in red peppers. I love it.

Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can small white beans (they're actually called that)
1 can yellow corn
1 can cut wax beans
1 can cut green beans
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 large cucumber, chopped into chunks
1/2 bottle Kraft Lite Parmesan Asiago salad dressing

Method:
1. Drain and rinse all canned goods. Yes, I know it's soooo much work, but ya' gotta do it!

2. In a large bowl, combine rinsed beans and vegetables with fresh chopped cucumber and bell peppers.

3. Mix salad dressing in.

4. Serve either on its own or over a bed of salad. I served it over a bed of lettuce, and found that I wasn't able to scoop it up the way I would have liked to. Next time, I'll just serve as-is.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment