Monday, July 9, 2012

Wicked Easy and Super Delicious Frosting

Step 1. Go to grocery store.

Step 2. Buy can of frosting that is on sale.

JOKING!

So if you're anything like me, your favorite part of a cupcake, or any cake for that matter, is the frosting. I make some UH-MAY-ZING chocolate frosting, but it's not very helpful when you want to serve up pink, blue, or green cupcakes. I've tried many butter cream recipes, and some of them have been pretty good and one has made its way into my recipe box, but they all seem to lack that little something. Yes, even the 5-star recipes on allrecipes.com and the Food Network website just don't make the cut.

The frosting I'm about to introduce to you is slightly sweet and is oh so creamy! Every time I have iced a cake with this, I have been SHOWERED (well maybe not showwwered) with compliments because seriously... it's the best! It pipes really, really nicely out of a bag and holds onto sprinkles and other candy pieces impressively well.

So, I have developed an extremely simple recipe that will replace all other frostings! Ready?

Ingredients:
1 package instant vanilla pudding (not sugar-free... unless your taste buds are completely shot?)
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Method:
1. Pour heavy whipping cream into a cold bowl. I like to pop my bowl in the freezer for a few minutes before making whipped cream.

2. Empty pudding packet into bowl.

3. Get out your hand mixer and mix like hell until you get a nice rich creamy frosting.

4. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring to make this extra special!

Notes:
* I almost always use vanilla pudding, but I'm sure you could play around with different flavors. As you know, I am a huge fan of pistachio, so maybe I'll try that next!

* Make this recipe with chocolate pudding for a quick variation on chocolate mousse. Like the vanilla version, this is slightly sweet and doesn't leave you feeling weighed down. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment