Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome!

I tried starting a blog last summer, but it didn't work out too well. Why? Because quite simply, I completely forgot about it! I'm hoping Round II will be more successful.

So here's the deal. I like to cook and bake. I'm no expert, but I seem to have good success and am pretty good at making cheap meals that don't require crazy ingredients. I mean seriously... who wants to make a dish that costs $60 worth of spices and herbs? I'd like to, don't get me wrong... but this girl is too cheap to part with the cash!

What are some of my favorite things to make? Well, I make a bitchin' batch of brownies that will leave you feeling like you're going to H-E- double hockey sticks for consuming something so... decadent. I also made this "frisotto" dish a couple of weeks ago that was amazing. What's frisotto? Glad you asked... It's FAKE risotto (I used barley instead of rice). What can I tell you about my chocolate chip cookies? Not much... other than the fact that they're AMAZING and are worth every around-the-belly pound that I've recently put on as a result of consuming so many.

Basically, I like to experiment with different things and share my triumphs with others. In the past, I've been very hesitant about sharing my recipes with others because I'm pretty selfish, but I've learned that if I don't share my ingredient cards, then I may be stuck at a dinner party eating some sort of seasoned cow dung. See what I mean? Sharing is not spending the evening puking up some hostess' main course.

Here I'll share some recipes with whoever happens to type in random search terms into Google... or Bing, I guess... I don't judge! Follow meeee and see where your spatula can take you! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment