Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Frozen No-Bake Pumpkin Pie

What the flip was I thinking when I decided to make this? It's so unbelievably good and will probably be the demise of my "diet". By the way, I use the word "diet" very loosely because I always say that I'm trying to lose weight, yet I'm the one whipping up pies and shaking a pot like a mad woman in an effort to make the perfect pot of popcorn. I rest my case.

Anyway, pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors of all time. I am a crazy person who eats pumpkin out of the can... all year long, and finds an excuse to incorporate the orange stuff into any recipe. This includes cookies, oatmeal, scones, pancakes, and of course, pie.

Being that it's summer, however, who's really in the mood to turn on their oven and heat up their house even more than the blasted sun has already done? I would say not me, but that's entirely false. Most people, however, aren't keen on turning their oven up to 350' and letting it run for an hour.

That's where this pie comes in. It's super delicious and if you buy a graham cracker crust, will free you from having to bake. I was hoping that this blog would feature only healthy recipes, but what can I say? I'm human, and can't resist the occasional urge to fill my tummy with sugar in the form of marshmallow fluff. Are you going to judge me? Of course not, because that would mean that you're not going to make this, and if you DID judge me, and you DID make this, you'd be a hypocrite, right? Right.

So let today be a judgement-free day and we'll all celebrate by eating pumpkin mousse pie.

Ingredients:
1 Graham cracker crust (or if you want to be super fancy, you could make your own, but come onnn... why would you want to show me up?!)
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
7 ounces fluff (you can usually find 7 oz jars)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (another one of my favorite "all in one" spices)
1 container cool whip (divided, if desired)

Method:
1. Combine pumpkin, fluff, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until everything is evenly incorporated.

2. Fold whipped topping into pumpkin mixture. **If you want your pie to look fancy schmancy, reserve about 1/4 cup of the cool whip to garnish with at the end.

3. Spread pumpkin/cool whip mixture into the pie crust. Garnish if desired. Pop this little sucker in the freezer for at least four hours.

4. Take out of freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment