Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinata Pasta (Get Your Mexi On.. Kinda Sorta?!)

What in God's name is Pinata Pasta? Well first, I boil up a box of pasta, then just before it's al dente, I rip up a few colorful sheets of tissue paper and stir it into the water. This causes the paper to appear the way wilted spinach does. I then drain the water, add a bunch of other crap to the pasta-tissue mixture and devour like no other. You don't believe me? Good. I didn't think anyone was thaaat much of an ignoramus.

Pinata Pasta is basically like any ordinary pasta salad that you've had, but I think it's important to remind y'all that sometimes it's okay to revert back to old recipes. Plus, this is so colorful that during consumption, you'll feel as though you're riding a unicorn through a rainbow, which is not something I ever felt while eating traditional pasta salad. Seriously though, bring it your next summer cookout and you'll be a superstar... at least in my eyes.

Ingredients:
1 box of whole wheat pasta (I'm usually a shell girl, but I used these fantastic ribbed elbows that were absolutely perfect)
1 bottle of  salad dressing- I used Kraft fat free Parmesan Asiago (I know there are chemicals in this, but my thighs are at stake here, which means anything goes!)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
1 large cucumber (not those weird ones that come wrapped in plastic)
2 cans black beans
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method (It doesn't get much easier than this):
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Make pasta.


2. While the pasta is cooking, chop all vegetables, including spinach. To chop spinach, bunch it up and run a knife through it. You'll end up with skinny shreds. Skinny-- that's the theme du jour.

3. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it. I don't normally rinse my pasta, but I always do when making pasta salad. So rinse with cool water until the pasta is no longer hot.

4. Transfer to a large bowl and mix all the vegetables in. Pour salad dressing over and stir until you feel that you've gotten a fierce enough workout to qualify as an arm wresting champion. If you're going to eat this right away, it shouldn't need any salt, but it will probably require a dash or three the next day. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment